Car Rig

Hi guys in this assignment I rigged a cartoon car which is modelled by  my friend VJ,  it was very much fun to rig it I really enjoyed working on this assignment.

Rig requirements:

*Movement of doors, both front and back deck,staring rotation.
* Body vibration and suspension.
* Body stretch and squash and bend
*COG control



Firstly I used joints and Ik handle to get the suspension and the created the curve and constrained the ik handle so that we can control the suspension through that curve.



Then I used an expression to create the vibration of the body and connected it to an attribute of the COG control so that we can on/off the body vibration.


Then for the automatic rotation of the wheels as we move the car I used an another expression using a if condition so that it can also linked to an attribute.


Then I created curves for doors, decks and staring and orient constrained in their respective axis except for the doors because for doors I used set driven method for interactive control

Then I added squash and bend deformers and linked them to an attribute of  a control that I created for the body deformation using node editor.

Fainally at the end my outliner was quite big :



I performed a rig test also here is the video:





Thank You

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blend Shape Deformer

Global Light Rig Setup

Malgudi days